Municipal Experience that Makes a Difference
After several years of working to revitalize the former village of Rosendale, I believed that I could accomplish more in the political arena. I chose to run for Town Supervisor in 1997 and lost by a narrow margin, ran again in 1999 and lost by 31 votes. In 2001, I ran as a candidate for Town Council and was elected. Three’s the charm.
As a member of the Town Board from 2001–2005, I had the opportunity to work on a number of municipal projects and wrangle with some daunting problems. Listed here are few relevant projects that I believe provided me with useful knowledge for a buyer or seller of real estate:
- Oversaw the development of a new comprehensive plan for Rosendale.
- Developed new regulations for the zoning of cell towers.
- Worked with the Water Department to construct a new low-profile storage facility.
- Created new parking infrastructure in the former village to facilitate continued economic development of Main Street.
- Oversaw the design and construction of the new 6500-square-foot state-of-the art green Community Center building.
Although this list represents just a small sampling of projects I had the opportunity to work on; they are the ones that I am most proud of, and in particular, the Comprehensive Plan and the new green Community Center, as they set a standard for other towns throughout New York State.
My tenure on the Rosendale Town Board has provided me with a good deal of experience in municipal zoning, planning, land use regulations and negotiating, all of which I can employ on your behalf as your real estate agent.
I’m ready to put this experience to work for you and help you find a home to purchase, or assist you in the marketing and sale of your current home.
Click here to contact me and we’ll get started.
If you want to know more about how buyer agency works, click here.
If you want to begin your property search, click the link to view listings.
If you want to know more about the home selling process, click here.
© Copyright 2015. Brian Cafferty. All Rights Reserved.